Man thought to be dead found living in woods five years after disappearing

A man, Ricardas Puisys, 35, feared to have been murdered, has been found living in the woods five years after he was reported missing.The UK Police launched a murder investigation in November 2015 after believing Ricardas had been killed by criminals. Ricardas was last seen on September 26, 2015, at Nightlayer Leek Company in Chatteris where he worked. According to eye witnesses, he was seen in the company of a small group of Lithuanian men before disappearing, leading to a murder probe despite the fact that no body was found.

Man thought to be dead found living in woods five years after disappearingThe police believed he was killed after the criminals exploited him.According to the Sun UK, the puzzle was finally solved at the start of July when officers found out that Ricardas has been living in undergrowth in Wisbech, Cambs, UK.

Detective Chief Inspector Rob Hall, from the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Major Crime Unit, said: “For almost five years Ricardas’ disappearance has been a complete mystery.That was until we received information at the end of June which led us to finding him.”

According to police, they only just revealed Ricardas is still alive on Sunday 2nd of August, 2020, in order to ensure the family that he is safe.DCI Hall said: “A team of investigators worked tirelessly following up a number of inquiries, none leading to the discovery of Ricardas. That was until we received information that Ricardas may have been alive and still in the Wisbech area.

Read moreFather whose penis dropped off due to a blood infection became the first man to have a new one built on his arm – but delays mean it has been stuck there for four years

“Following a search of wooded area in Harecroft Road, Ricardas was eventually found living in undergrowth, very well concealed after having deliberately hidden and having not spoken with anyone for some time.

“We made the decision not to publicly announce we had found Ricardas alive until now in order to protect him and put safeguarding measures in place.

“He is safe and we are working very closely with him to ensure he remains safe, but also to ensure he gets the support he needs after having lived through extremely difficult circumstances during the last five or more years.”

The police are now investigating the potential exploitation of Ricardas.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

%d bloggers like this: